I’ve been back at drawing and painting for a few years now. At first it was just trying to get back in the groove and a lot of practice. Painting and drawing anything that inspires me. Like landscapes, animals, trees, portraits and one of my ultimate favourites, fantasy. About 2 years ago I started learning anime and I really found that I enjoy creating anime characters the most. But I’m still unclear of what my style is.
I’ve noticed that most artists have their own unique style, and I’m curious how they discovered it. And is it totally necessary as an artist? I feel like it might be for selling purposes. But I don’t understand why we would have to restrict ourselves just for that reason. I love painting in different styles. I do try and copy other styles just to see if I enjoy it or not. So I’ve actually decided that I do indeed love one certain style and I’m trying to develop it, and will be what I market and sell as prints.
But I will also continue painting whatever inspires me and posting in my online gallery. So far I’ve created just a few anime characters and painted them in a style I love. Although the actual style is not entirely my idea but it’s done in my own way. The characters are entirely my own. So it is my unique style for this particular genre. Another idea I have is perhaps developing other styles in painting animals and landscapes and combining them.
Finally my thoughts on finding your own art style is, try not to force it and just continue having fun. There’s no time limit and I also believe we already have our own style, it’s just a matter of developing it through practice and learning, one day it will just click. I’m not 💯 on that but hopeful it might happen this way. 🤔
I’m interested to know what others think on this topic. How did you find your style, what tips and advice do you have? Please comment below

No comments:
Post a Comment